Today’s episode is called, It is All About Total Travel Time. But before I get to my quick talk about total travel time, it’s important to understand the flight times airlines tell you on schedules. This is called the block time. Block time includes the time to taxi out to the runway, the actual flight duration and the time to taxi to the arrival gate. but the published schedule for the flight doesn’t break those elements apart. On this show, we go into more detail about how we make decisions about which flights to choose and whether total travel time is the most important thing to you or whether maybe just price and staying loyal to a specific airline is more important.
Key Points From This Episode:
• The definition of block time and understanding the published flight schedule.
• My number one reason not to switch to OneWorld while in Amsterdam.
• How international flights can vary between block time and total flight time.
• Pursuing the right kind of perspective; flight connection versus non-stop.
• Why sometimes it is better to take a flight in premium economy, rather than first or business.
• The valid variables to take into account when planning a trip.
• How the difference between premium economy and business or first class affects decision making.
• Understanding what is more important to you: loyalty, price, or total flight time.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
ZorkCast FaceBook Group (Continue and Start the Conversation) https://www.facebook.com/groups/ZorkCast/
TravelZork — https://travelzork.com/
Definition from the flight stats website — http://www.flightstats.com/company/what-is-block-time-in-an-airline-schedule-and-why-does-it-matter/
© 2017 ZorkCast © 2017 TravelZork