ZorkCast powered by TravelZork
Episode 29 Guest Eric Rosenthal talking London Casinos - Part 1
October 24, 2017
Michael Mason Trager
Today on the show we have a special guest, Eric Rosenthal. Eric is a casino loyalty expert as well as someone who just loves casino loyalty systems, and he is going to be one of the speakers at the first ever ZorkFest event. He is a contributor to several gambling and travel related websites and podcasts and discusses all things Atlantic City and his passion for “Comp Harvesting.” Using his knowledge of casinos and the travel industry, Eric teaches people how to travel for free and maximize value for your gambling dollar. We have been spending a little bit of time in London this weekend, and we got an opportunity to visit two of the London casinos last night after a very nice pub dinner in Hampstead. In Part 1 of this series, we are going to talk about our observations about the casinos in the UK, because they’re not as bad as everybody thinks! They are certainly different, but they actually have some very nice elements to them. So stay tuned as we go over our experiences at the Hippodrome and Empire Casino and the major differences we observed.
Key Points From This Episode:
• Why we chose to visit the Hippodrome Casino.
• An overview of the Hippodrome layout, the “vibes”, and different rules.
• The biggest difference to notice when playing at the Hippodrome dice (craps) tables.
• Differences in the chip colors and chip breaks in London versus The States.
• Why the Empire Icon Bar is one of the best kept secrets in London.
• Using your UK Total Rewards card for discounted drinks at Empire.
• The stunning layout and experience of the Empire Casino’s upstairs Icon Bar.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Eric Rosenthal on Twitter
ZorkFest - REGISTER TODAY!
VIDEO - Icon Bar Empire Casino London - Old Fashioned
Icon Balcony Bar at Empire Casino
Hippodrome Casino London
Total Rewards UK
ZorkCast on Twitter
ZorkCast on Instagram
© 2017 ZorkCast © 2017 TravelZork