Today on the show we welcome my good friend and fellow bourbon drinker, John Morris. John is the creator of wheelchairtravel.org , one of the world's leading authorities on wheelchair accessible travel and one of the most inspirational travellers I know. 19% of Americans have a disability; comprising a substantial portion of not just the US economy but the world economy. There is a massive market for accessible travel that John believes the travel industry is just not tapping into and this is one of the many causes John is advocating. In this episode, John shares his knowledge about travelling the world in a wheelchair. We find out how his website was started and hear about the exciting trips he has taken in Las Vegas, Beijing and many more. John has a unique and incredibly valuable perspective on accessible travel that can’t be missed!
Key Points From This Episode:
• Find out when John first discovered a love for travel.
• The incident that left John a triple amputee and in a wheelchair.
• Discover how John’s website wheelchairtravel.org was started.
• Why Las Vegas is in a unique position to attract the disability travel market.
• Hear more about John and Michael’s plans to ride the Vegas Slotzilla.
• John shares an insightful travel story from his trip to Beijing.
• What empowers John to travel to some of the least accessible places in the world.
• Up in the Air: Why John has pretended to be Ryan Bingham.
• Why the market for accessible travel is huge, and the government should listen up!
• And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
© 2018 ZorkCast © 2018 TravelZork